- Why would I want to have Bevo Bucks?
Bevo Bucks is a debit card program that uses the UT ID card to access funds in an account. It is for your safety and convenience. You will always have your UT ID card with you. Carrying cash is dangerous. If cash is lost or stolen, it is simply gone. If the your ID is lost or stolen, you can deactivate your card (24 hours a day through the web using the UTDirect system) rendering it useless. You can get a new ID card and have access to your Bevo Bucks, on your new card, immediately. Note - If a thief found a wallet, cash, credit cards and debit cards are instantly recognizable forms of payment. They will take them and use them. The ID is not recognizable as a form of payment to many people, besides students. It greatly reduces the risk of theft. You will receive a 5% discount in our all-you-care-to-eat locations (J2 and Kinsolving) and a 10% discount on food and beverage purchases at all DHFS a la carte locations.
- Can students withdraw cash from their Bevo Bucks?
Unlike the typical ATM or check card, the Bevo Bucks account is designed for small quick transactions (getting a soft drink from a vending machine, buying lunch at one of UT's eateries, etc.). It is a convenient way to spend since the student has to have their ID for so many other purposes already. Bevo Bucks is refundable when students graduate or have a break in enrollment from The University of Texas at Austin for at least one year. At the time in which Bevo Bucks is refunded, please know that any unpaid debt to the University will be deducted from the balance of the account.
- What is the minimum amount of Bevo Bucks that can be added?
There is no minimum amount required. When Bevo Bucks is added a bill is created that can be paid from the What I Owe page, by check or in person at the Cashier's office.
- What happens if I have a Bevo Bucks bill on the system and I decide not to pay it?
Go to the web and Remove Unpaid Bucks at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/bevobucks/remove.WBX.
- What if a restaurant or store that I frequent is not on the program?
Tell us who they are and we will provide them with information about the Bevo Bucks program. You can use the suggestion box found in the Bevo Bucks On Line Office.
- What if a restaurant or store overcharges my Bevo Bucks account?
Go back to the place of business where you were overcharged and have them process a credit to your Bevo Bucks account. Always ask for a receipt and verify the amount.
- How can I pay for Bevo Bucks on my Tuition and Fee Bill?
You can add a bill for Bevo Bucks at anytime before your Tuition and Fee bill is created. The Bevo Bucks bill will appear at the bottom of your T&F bill with your other miscellaneous charges. Pay this as you normally would and when the Bevo Bucks bill is paid, funds will be applied to your Bevo Bucks account.
- Why do vending machines look for 5 cents more than the cost of the product?
Vending machines must issue a refund in order to recognize the end of a card-based transaction. This is just the way they are programmed. So, in order for the machine to 'finish' the transaction, it needs to charge $0.05 more that the actual purchase price and then refund the $0.05. For a $1.25 item, there will be a charge of $1.30 and then a refund of $0.05.
- How can I find out what my balance is?
- Look up your balance on the web at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/bevobucks/menu.WBX
- Swipe your card at a vending machine and cancel the sale. Your balance will scroll across the LCD display.
- Bevo Bucks FAQ's
Bevo Bucks FAQ's
Please e-mail all questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Texas at Austin 2018