- Why would I want to have Bevo Pay?
Bevo Pay is a prepaid account that students can access from their UT ID cards, much like a debit card. Bevo Pay is designed to increase safety and convenience. Students always have ther ID cards with them, making Bevo Pay accessible at all times. If something happens to your ID card, you can immediately deactivate it to protect your Bevo Pay funds. You also receive a 5% discount on food at all UHD dining locations.
- Can students withdraw cash from their Bevo Pay?
Although Bevo Pay funds on a student’s ID card function like a debit card, students cannot withdraw cash from their Bevo Pay account. Bevo Pay funds are refundable when students graduate or have a break in enrollment from The University of Texas at Austin for at least one year. At the time in which Bevo Pay is refunded, please know that any unpaid debt to the University will be deducted from the balance of the account.
- What is the minimum amount of Bevo Pay funds that can be added?
There is no minimum amount of funds required. When Bevo Pay funds are added to a student’s account, a bill is created. The bill can be paid on the student’s What I Owe page.
- What happens if I have a Bevo Pay bill on the system and I decide not to pay it?
Funds that were added but left unpaid can be removed at https://utdirect.utexas.edu/bevobucks/remove.wbx.
- What if a restaurant or store that I frequent is not on the program?
You can suggest a merchant you would like to see accept Bevo Pay by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reach out to merchants suggested to us and we will provide them with information about the Bevo Pay program.
- What if a restaurant or store overcharges my Bevo Pay account?
Go back to the place of business where you were overcharged and have them process a credit to your Bevo Pay account. Always ask for a receipt and verify the amount.
- How can I pay for Bevo Pay on my Tuition and Fee Bill?
You can add a bill for Bevo Pay funds at anytime before your Tuition and Fee bill is created. The Bevo Pay bill will appear at the bottom of your T&F bill with your other miscellaneous charges. Pay this as you normally would and when the Bevo Pay bill is paid, funds will be applied to your Bevo Pay account.
- Why do vending machines look for 5 cents more than the cost of the product?
The vending machine card readers check to see if your account balance is $0.05 more than the most expensive item in the machine, then only charges you for your selection.
- How can I find out what my balance is?
- You can find your balance by clicking here https://utdirect.utexas.edu/bevobucks/menu.WBX
- You can also try swiping your ID card at a vending machine and cancelling the sale. Your balance will scroll across the LCD display.
- Bevo Pay FAQ's